Thread: Starting Out?
View Single Post
Old 6 Oct 2001, 09:20 (Ref:156626)   #1
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Starting Out?

I'm not a racer (so forgive my intrusion!).

My 16 year old son isn't a racer either, but he does desperately want to be a motor racing mechanic. Having now left school, he is studying Motor Racing Mechanics at Sparsholt College in Hampshire. It's a course lasting one or two years and he's loving it already.

I'm just wondering where he can go from there? He's not particularly academically minded and didn't leave school with a hatful of A's from his GCSE's, but he knows what he wants to do. It seems unlikely that McLaren or Williams will spot him here in deepest Hampshire, no matter how talented he might turn out to be. Has anyone any suggestions as to how he might further his desired career?

(He is determined that in the not too distant future he will pop up on the Grand Prix programme with a "Hello Mum" sign from the pits!)