View Single Post
Old 3 Jan 2002, 12:41 (Ref:193188)   #8
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I have an Alfa Guila Sprint GT which is pretty comprehensively thrashed by the super quick Lotus Cortina's and Mustangs. However it was in fact my co driver who was racing at that point. You see me coming in just in front of the other Mustang for the driver change. For some reason I make the cut quite a lot for an also ran! I guess the editor is an Alfa fan!!!
I see that you were interested in the Arbaths, I remember seeing them racing as a child at Silverstone with the engine covers up and funny fronts. Were they competitive?? I dont remember but I dont see any out now (apart from the one that is always being advertised which raced at Goodwood in 98). Maybe in class they were but it is a hollow victory to be leading a class of 1 or 2 and have everyone else scream passed you, I know from sad experience!! I started off in a 1300 Lancia Fulvia coming 2nd in class, last in field!!!!!