Old 27 May 2019, 05:30 (Ref:3906247)   #72
kerb
Racer

Australia
canberra
kerb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yannick View Post
Thank you kerb for still keeping to post new designs rather regularly.
The first half of the lap of the counterclockwise Track 37 is quite different than what one would usually see: the beginning of the lap with the chicane/Esse as early as Turn 3 will create very tight racing after the start and everbody will be trying to squeeze through somewhere. The right-left-right at the beginning of (let's say Northbound) back straight feels also pretty unique. I like these details of the track. However, the circuit unfortunately becomes a stop-start fest on from entering the V-shaped section. If you'd ask me for suggestions on how to improve it, I'd recommend putting in larger radius corners at the tip of the V and at the end of the straight that comes immediately after that. But then, I've always tended to love 180 degree corners that are not hairpins. The beginning of the front straight also feels a bit too busy with yet another chicane near the pit entrance.
If you are going for that kind of vibe with your track, though, I'd recommend maybe drawing a city around it, or a "would-be city" like Yeongam.
Regards.
hey man, i'm just fighting on until someone with time and an arts degree can step in .
in terms of your opinion of track 37, I could make the bottom of the V a slingshot type corner, and keep the current hairpins at the tip. also when you say drawing a city around it, what exactly do you mean? my style of circuits tries to have parts where one can pass during the race, and others for gaining or losing time in qualy.