View Single Post
Old 1 Feb 2018, 23:18 (Ref:3797603)   #32
codename_47
Veteran

United Kingdom
Coventry/Birmingham
codename_47 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcodename_47 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 275 GTB-4 View Post
Most of the populace have dreary day jobs...Motor Racing has always added a little glamour and excitement into peoples lives...just like the theatre, music and other entertainments...what next? Plain beige hydrid cars lined up on the grid? Grey food vans where uniformly dressed people line up for their Soylent Green?
And yet before they do those dreary day jobs they don't have 20 girls standing around their office chairs with fake smiles on to add glamour?
No because it is a professional workplace not a night club.

So apparently we can't move towards a more equal society because of tradition? Because the minority of the right wing that spends their day inventing an imagined thought police censoring the world gets angry when we make another tiny step towards equality?

Literally every time there is a redressing of the power balance in society there is the same tired, clichéd cries of "p.c. gone mad!" Or "left wing libtard cucks controlling the world!", whether it be for gay marriage, diversity in the media, equal pay for women or whatever else.
And who cried loudest? Why it's those who now realise they have to share the world power (not lose, SHARE) by those they used to be able to easily exclude.
The fact those that had the power for centuries alone are now able to twist anything progressive In society as some sort of attack on traditional values and way of life to the point you get a trump/brexit situation has genuinely been one of the most depressing things about recent times.
No one wants to exclude anyone in this society, including straight white men. But it's time they learnt to share.

So liberty makes a business decision to try and make the sport more appealing to women and families and suddenly it's p.c. gone mad. laphead:
Wow that slogan has jumped the shark so much now no one ever uses it right eh?

And i know we're largely straight white guys on this forum so we're not going to further the discussion much but well, it's happening.

Personally, I've never actually "got" the grid girl thing. I find it awkward as hell to pay someone to be somewhere she has no interest in just to stand there with a fake smile on and look pretty. She's just there for a paycheque, she doesn't give a jack shite about the sport or the fans there, so what's she adding really?

I've seen this day coming for a long time. The fact it has taken until 2018 to finally happen shows you how much the sport was in the grip of an octaganarian previous to this.
As liberty have learnt from their social media, if you finally realise that it isn't the 1970s any more it will pay you back in dividends.