Thread: Rules Future Rule Changes
View Single Post
Old 11 Feb 2020, 15:57 (Ref:3956983)   #3742
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
didnt want to take the tributes thread off topic with my rant but i really think the helmet change rule is idiotic.

at speed or at a quick glance, the colour of the t-cam is the more reliable way to tell drivers/cars apart anyways right?...more so now because of the halo.

my personal feeling is that the rule exists because FOM and teams dont want the drivers to be able to monetize a space for themselves. in that i can understand why FOM and the teams may not like it (a driver might take on a sponsor that undermines the sport or brand in some way) but while i understand the issues facing ownership and management, i side, as always, with the athletes (workers) and their rights.

a drivers' helmet is an extension of their racing persona, it is the face that fans connect with. like warriors of olde, those helmets tell stories of life and death, of loss and victory, so in this the drivers should have maximum freedom and creativity to express their own story.

imo, this is a rule that needs to be changed. with the advent of social media, creative helmet design is an aspect of the sport which demands to be popularized.