View Single Post
Old 1 May 2020, 12:45 (Ref:3973951)   #56
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by coppice View Post
And if they run an event like the Classic without spectators they can forget ever getting a penny from me again . I have never competed , except at the humblest speed event , but I have spectated , helped organise, marshalled and reported on events for decades .I've also spent a lot of money at Silverstone over the years .

The club racing I attended in the 60s and 70s did its best to welcome impecunious enthusiasts , and if there is any move to regard folk like me as an unwelcome inconvenience I will be massively p***ed off !
Ummmm how would running the event without spectators mean that you are an unwelcome inconvenience?

Its a temporary situation which is being dealt with as best as possible.

Surely when events CAN run safely, they SHOULD be run safely...even if that means its behind closed doors to try and get people back into work...

...I wouldn't begrudge BTCC for instance running without spectators if it meant those that rely on work as mechanics, photographers, media etc could actually earn some money and get back on their feet....im not selfish enough to put my enjoyment of the sport ahead of someones livelihood