View Single Post
Old 11 Sep 2019, 12:35 (Ref:3927375)   #4819
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Well, in my opinion the car is pig ugly anyway! Although perhaps not directly related, are there not regulations about rear lights on hatches, estates SUVs etc where if the tailgate(s) could obscure the normal lights when open, duplicates have to be fitted in another position?
It's the reason for duplicates on the back of the Insignia Tourer. For some reason, people have commented that it's a 'fancy touch' when they see the boot open, but in reality it's a legal requirement.

Not sure why the brake lights would need to be positioned as such though? The requirement reads:
When every door, tailgate, boot lid, or other movable part is in the fixed open position (any position in which the component will remain, with or without a fixed stay) each of the
- front and rear position lamps
- front and rear indicators
- rear retro reflectors
must fulfil one of the following conditions:
a. half (50%) of the apparent surface of the lamp or reflector is visible from directly in front of / behind (as appropriate) the vehicle, or
b. additional fully visible lamp (s) / reflectors satisfying all requirements for the above lamps / reflectors are activated / visible, or
c. a notice in the vehicle must inform the user that in certain positions of the movable components, other road users should be warned of the presence of the vehicle on the road (e.g. by laying out a warning triangle).