View Single Post
Old 9 Aug 2013, 06:27 (Ref:3287499)   #2294
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
This is Porsche. Their marketing strategy often involves no marketing strategy, by which I mean they turn up to Le Mans, win it magnificently, and then all of a sudden we (the enthusiasts) have an urge to by a Porsche (not including me in this obviously, my Panda is somewhat easier to insure at my age than a 911). As Rennen said earlier, this is an enthusiast's sport and they know it. If you want to market your cars to Joe Public and sell your Cayennes or whatever to them, stick an ad on the tele or in a newspaper...that will do you more good than an F1 podium every now and again. And that's what they'll do.

To some people - most, in fact - "Porsche" is a brand name that is desirable. But that's built on a pedigree that we, the enthusiasts, have helped create. Porsche have obviously felt the need to continue that.

Ergo, every driver whose bottom touches the seat of this LMP1 Porsche will be the best driver available when the contracts are signed.

I agree with what he said