View Single Post
Old 2 Aug 2017, 11:52 (Ref:3756916)   #85
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
I have discussed this point with a number of Germans and Italians that I work with - and their view is the following:

They find it really strange that Brits and Americans are critical of people from one European country speaking in another European language.
They feel that it is only right for a German, in an Italian team, to speak the language of his employer.
They feel that his Italian sounds far from phony, and just sounds typical of someone who normally speaks a Germanic language speaking in a Romanic tongue. If they did not know the speaker, they would place them as being Tyrolean.

So other than a dislike of the individual - I can't understand why people are being critical of Vettel speaking Italian?
I'd agree with that crm. When he first started driving the red cars I thought it was good style of him talking to and in particular thanking the team in Italian, I thought it very respectful. As this season progresses and Seb's antics have caused my opinions to sour somewhat, I do admit that I now view this as false & annoying!