Thread: IMSA DPi Discussion
View Single Post
Old 2 Jul 2018, 16:04 (Ref:3834320)   #3293
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irie View Post
After reading some comments on the DPi/LMP2 balance and the time by IMSA seemingly needs until the classes are balanced (this and last year) whatever the reason may be.
Because of the development of the DPi cars they had an advantage at the beginning of the season after it seemed that the different classes were balanced at the end of last season.
I seem to remember reading that after some unspecified time DPi development would be frozen too and the cars homologated. Has this idea been dropped or is this still planned to do?
I believe the homologation was set last year, they were on draft homologation but required submission of parts and why they're being changed to IMSA for testing. I don't know if it was finalized at some point but I would assume Mazda and Acura are running on draft this year. Mazda with their Joest attempt to fix a pig and Acura getting the same treatment as the previous DPis.

Does anyone have set proof, not the usual I heard from X, that homologation was ever set or that development is still ongoing? It's not like we hear every race about new parts they've been testing and the new spec car but then the FoxSports crews aren't that diligent on a good day