View Single Post
Old 27 May 2017, 10:53 (Ref:3736319)   #503
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
Back on topic...

Various rumors (just rumors) that the more significant update from Honda is still a ways off. A few were speculating Monaco, while a number were thinking Canada. If Honda actually knew what the solution was right after spring testing, they probably should have been able to deliver something around now (or even earlier). But if they didn't know, then it would have pushed the delivery date out. I believe it's probably clear at this point that they didn't know right away what the solution was. Reliable info is hard to find.

They do seem to be making incremental improvements without addressing what seems to be the larger core ICE design issues. Reliability seems to be a bit better and they have extracted some performance. I would expect that a good bit of Monaco performance is down to the base chassis and setup and less about raw power? FP2 has Honda in 10th and 11th with them being ~1.3 seconds back from the front. Sauber looks quite bad in last place roughly 3 seconds off the pace. Mercedes might have a narrow performance window and they may be trying to find that sweet spot for Monaco? Right now they are not much faster than McLaren.

Richard
And had Mr Alonso been aboard this weekend, his McLaren may have been a Q3 prospect. But wouldn't have lasted there on race day, unless the doors on the McLaren are really wide...

Moot point with yet another Honda engine failure

Its a shame they cant cycle 5 new engines thru the car this weekend, and wear the grid penalties of being last anyway
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods