View Single Post
Old 16 Aug 2010, 21:02 (Ref:2745482)   #25
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gt_torque View Post
I'm surprised how many of you guys on here are giving SRO a bashing when they are clearly listening to the teams and trying to balance this with the financial implications of having an, in effect, 'euro series'.
Agreed.
Quote:
Going back to circuits such as Mondello, Pembrey, Anglesey are all options, but the consensus in the paddock is that F3 has outgrown some of these tracks and it needs to aim higher. Knockhill probably won't be on the calendar because its too far away, and the circuit by its nature is a bit of a car wrecker - but I could be wrong.
I agree with what bella said about Mondello. Pembrey does better financially out of F3 testing than it would from a single meeting there. I don't think Anglesey cuts the mustard, frankly.
Quote:
If you read between the lines, SRO is trying to evolve F3 into something that rightly reflects its position as the top national single seater championship in the UK, and a key stepping stone in any future F1 drivers career. Just give them some time to finalise plans...
As long as SRO really does listen to the teams it should work out, but they need to come out with a calendar a bit earlier than sometime in January.