View Single Post
Old 14 Jan 2019, 19:40 (Ref:3876135)   #298
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
I've actually been moved for the second time in my life to write to my MP - on this occasion to remind her that her constituents voted 2:1 in favour of Brexit....co-incidentally the position allegedly also held by her party leader, the sainted Mr Corbyn. I regard the fact that a vociferous majority of Labour Party members (as opposed to voters) oppose Brexit does not to my mind over-ride her responsibility to take account of her constituents' views.

I doubt it will sway her voting action, but one has to have a say, sometimes. The fact that no faction opposing the current deal has anything approaching a majority for an alternative course of action is a further consideration, of course......