View Single Post
Old 16 Apr 2010, 07:09 (Ref:2673470)   #15
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pettersson View Post
And we continue to confuse each other, I believe. I did not know that National Saloons and National Saloon Car Cup were two different series that you need to separate, as they both sound alike and the cars are built on the same idea. And add the different title sponsors (ESSO etc.), the confuse is total for a non-British.

When I meant about BTCC Class B was that it then came from the late 90's National saloons (where we saw Middlehurst in the Primera, Abbot in the SAAB 900/9-3 etc.). And all these national variations (DTC, Procar, the Asian series etc.) made FIA (or who?) to create the super production class so they formed some kind of "union".

And as already mentioned, SP was developed further by BMW, Alfa Romeo and Volvo for the 2002 season, but that's another story. As I also said, Sport Maxx is not SP but more like National saloons, but when you say there were two of those I don't know which one is more similar.

What year is that Toyota built? Around 1995-96 or earlier?
Sorry for the confusion! The National Saloon Car Cup was a similar idea to the earlier National Saloons but on a one class basis. It ran as a stand alone series for a couple of years in the late 1990s & then became Class B of BTCC in 2000 (I think) for a short time.

My Carina was built in 1994 in NZ & ran in their "Schedule S" series as a Castrol sponsored works car for a couple of years before being imported to the UK to run in the National Saloon Car Cup from 1997 onwards.