View Single Post
Old 3 May 2010, 20:42 (Ref:2683928)   #18
S14GJC
Rookie

United Kingdom
S14GJC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Andy 97,

I raced in the National Saloon Chmapionship run by the BRDC from 1996 to 1999 and raced against your car too! The series started off from the word go as Group N+ regs which were also the as the FIA ones which they called Super Production but you could take a car straight out the British series into Europe only changing the tyres!

The championship started off being called Dunlop National Saloon Car Championship from 1996 & 1997 during these years it incorporated the BARC Modified Saloon Car Championship in 98' these were dropped and became only for Group N+ cars. Then 98' was called Dunlop National Saloon Car Cup in 1998 before changing the name to the Silverstone Insurance National Saloon Car Cup. All the changes were title only regs stayed the same apart from little detail changes.

The cars are/were very technical with no rubber bushes in the suspension, seem weld the body, you could change the mounting points of the suspension by 20mm, which is used to this day in S2000 rules! The cars are not far off what they use today, obviously engines punch more power and gearboxes more technical, bigger arches etc. I had my Honda Integra shell prepared complete by FosseTech who at the time had the contract to do all the ETCC Honda Accord's, it was a work of art!

The regs should be used to set up the championship again as there are loads of cars out there a yours that could race and the racing was brilliant! For cars running on 15" slicks they were much quicker than most cars with nearly twice the horsepower.

If I can find the regs and dig them out I'l llet you know.