View Single Post
Old 21 May 2013, 01:14 (Ref:3250850)   #30
Bill Brown
Racer

Bill Brown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Do It! View Post
You paint an interesting portrait of how things are seemingly run here.

Please don't take this as a personal attack, but more a concerning observation, but how can the directors of TMC be kept out of the loop and still fulfill their role and responsibility?

Ahead of the MSNZ AGM, it would be a fascination for many to know what really goes on and how a voted executive and employees/contractors of the company can keep directors of that company in the dark?

The AGM could be an interesting place to be, although constitutional calamity probably means that very little will change.

It's hard not to wonder if and when the "Fiji Approach" might be played out.
Its really all old news now.
Perhaps kept out of the loop was not the right words. I did have a great working relationship with Kerry Cooper and what he did to develop the company to bring our sport to the highest level had never been achieved before and probably wont again.
But the reality is that I as an A shareholders director was forced on the sport and the company who's original proposal when they took over extra shares to gain control many years ago did not allow for a director appointed by the A shareholders, representing their interests.
The company was to an extent controlled by MSNZ and on a number of occasions over the years they forced sporting and not financial decisions on the company that did not help in the end.
Some may consider that I did not fill my obligations as a director I don't care about what they think. All I know is that I attended virtually every directors meeting that I was made aware of and I activily pushed the A shareholders interests where ever possible.