Thread: British GT 2020
View Single Post
Old 30 Jun 2020, 00:57 (Ref:3984576)   #121
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
it’s a tricky one to be honest.

like i’ve said elsewhere on here, the biggest problem is policing. this thing doesn’t spread at nearly the same rate if you follow the rules, and yet we have a fairly steady level of deaths atm. a significant number of people can’t be trusted to do what they’re told, and those are the ones we have to legislate for.

which is why we’re not going to see spectators at events for a while, i think. it’s important to bear in mind that the sport has restarted not for spectators, but for the huge industry around it, and i think any admission to circuits will be done for the benefit of that rather than fans.

if they were driving the restart with spectators at the front of their minds there’d be no 2020 season at all for everybody, not just the unfortunate young drivers like canning and the mclaren juniors at tolman who are going to miss out.

it’d be nice to have some spectators back by the end of the season if the stats allow it, but the priority is keeping everyone safe really, from fans to circuit staff to competitors. part of the joy of working in the sport is the big events, and it’s pretty depressing to think that every race is going to be like a test day in terms of atmosphere. hopefully they can up the tv side a bit to compensate for not being able to attend.