View Single Post
Old 16 Mar 2021, 17:18 (Ref:4040861)   #14
Mike Hedlund
Veteran

United States
Redwood City, CA
Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!
Just to clear some stuff up about brake systems in GT3 cars:

* You can't just "turn off" ABS in current generation GT3 cars and expect it to work anything like a normal race car without ABS. Neither the software nor mechanical / hydraulic brake hardware work that way.
* I interpreted the Pro's comment (it was Gavin I think?) that he'd be quicker relative to his speed to the other Pros if nobody had ABS because he doesn't normally drive with it. Which is fair and accurate as the Pro's who have a lot of GT3 time have gotten used to taking full advantage of how ABS can help you go quicker. He wouldn't actually lap the circuit quicker with ABS turned off, that's not how it works in modern GT3 cars (it does in some of the crappier street based ABS systems in older Challenge / GT4 cars though).

I always hear these same things come up in discussions about it and just wanted to clarify. :-)

-mike