View Single Post
Old 19 Aug 2016, 14:22 (Ref:3666580)   #34
paul1982
Racer

paul1982 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pailler competition made a statement last week that they don't wanna risk the car for the French Championship and that is the reason for there absent. And yes some Cars are not legal for WRX.... and yes the Costs are higher....
But in the past we had exactly the same problems as we have now. In France a Couple of years ago the european round counted also for the French Championship in s1600 and supercar and also at that time you had around 40 Cars in each class. You can always see the bad Thing about it... fact is that s1600 and TC have a massive upgrade when they reduce the Championship to 5 and 7 rounds. Also 40+ Supercars in the combined ERX/WRX events isn't that bad.
Look at rallycross.com and compare the entrylists from the last ten years.....
Other option is the rx challenge.... but as it seems now the most of the drivers prefer IMG or a national Championship (British,France or Nordic, CEZ).
If it stays like this it is good but yes also i fear the future if they only want the WRX class. But we will see... at the moment i enjoy how it is. And it isn't that bad.only different is the raised ticket prices. But it is still your own choice to pay for it. And also at that point the crowds are growing each year at every track. If i also prefer the "old" tracks i do/did Mettet (close to our home), Lydden, Höljes, Loheac and Buxtehude.

And now i'm looking forward to Loheac! Will be a stunning event!!