Thread: ELMS ELMS Discussion
View Single Post
Old 20 Jul 2019, 21:33 (Ref:3918653)   #218
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
This article is just sad to read when you realize it was only 10 years ago we had goodness like this now it's just spec and bop and proam

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2019/0...na-1000km.html

- It was the wild west in LMP2 back then, with eight different chassis suppliers represented (Lola, Radical, Pescarolo, Courage, Lucchini, Zytek, WR and Ginetta), five engine brands (Mazda, AER, Judd, Zytek and Nicholson McLaren) and three tyre brands (Dunlop, Michelin and Avon). Some were open-top, some were closed.

- This left a top class with Aston Martin Racing’s pair of DBR 1-2s and a slew of privateer efforts to fight for the win. There were two diesel Audi R10s though, Kolles campaigned two ex-Joest cars that year in what was its first year as a sportscar team.

- “[GT2] We went as fast we could and there wasn’t a BoP structure like there is now. It brought the best out of us. Back then they’d look at engine restriction. It was open doors, you’d do what you wanted and they’d restrict the engine and add weight."
100% maybe there werent as many competitive cars but i was much more engaged and enjoyed it much more. Today? I watched the first 10 minutes and turned off, it just doesnt interest me anymore. To be honest, ive said it a few times in the last couple of years, my interest in motorsport is waining. Please dont call me a loser or boring for complaining, i just felt i should share my feelings. Sorry