View Single Post
Old 13 Jun 2018, 02:43 (Ref:3828774)   #44
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Another personal one from me. I had a great day today. We drove to the circuit and I drove a 'lap' for the first time in 33 years of going (in my own car). Stopped up to look at the chicanes, Mulsanne Corner, Indianapolis, Arnage and the Porsche Curves. As my lad is a first-timer, we went to the museum (which is free for those with a general entry ticket). Many of the cars are the same but there are one or two additions since my last visit two years ago, including the 'Blue and Orange' exhibit. We then went into the circuit and walked through the Village (checking out the Tenthers meeting place!) and then managed to get in the pits. After we walked along the garages my son noticed that they were wheeling out some GTE Porsches back towards the Ford Chicane so we walked down there. No-one stopped us and we found ourselves among about 20 'ordinary' spectators who gatecrashed the Porsche photoshoot with ALL of the GTE Porsches, Pro and Am. It was brilliant. I had a chat with Khaled Al Qubaisi, who hopes for a longer race this year and who told me he looks very carefully in his mirrors for orange prototypes..... Terrific day.
Excellent! This type of experience is why attending a race in person is so great. You can stumble upon something special without ever expecting it.