View Single Post
Old 14 Dec 2018, 12:34 (Ref:3870189)   #23
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graz View Post
Can you expand on this one? I'm heading with my son for the full 4 days in 2019 and we're really looking forward to it.
essentially it's the autosport show with a bit more motion involved. like i say, that's a personal perspective - a lot of people very much enjoy it, but i'm not a massive fan of watching point to point racing like hillclimbs or rally trackside. the cars are great to look at and like andrewc says, there's a huge range there but personally, not for me.

it's a good event to tick off the list, and essentially a temporary museum for some seriously cool toys. but i'd struggle to do more than one day there, to be honest. personally i wouldn't bother with all four days at the fos, and i'd spend the entrance money on another bike event instead! the bsb at brands will be brilliant, that's a great choice. if you fancy some grass roots bikes as well, the thundersport events are a good day trip, very well run events with a good range of machinery about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobefly View Post
My concern was that, in my mind, I had to find accommodation at Goodwood at that would be difficult to do by now and also very expensive. Since I am planning to spend those days in London to end my trip (I am flying back the following Monday) if I can take a train very early in the morning in London and then, after a day at the FoS I can take another one and be back at night I will definitely do it for at least one, or maybe two, days.
the fos does sell out, so if you can purchase your tickets sooner rather than later it'll be a smart thing to do. chichester is on a line currently run by southern, who are pretty rubbish at running a reliable service so it may be an idea to have several scheduled journeys in mind that'll suit your plans. you're right to avoid trying to find nearby accommodation - you'd probably end up travelling the same amount of time!

Last edited by bella; 14 Dec 2018 at 12:43.