Thread: Rules Future Rule Changes
View Single Post
Old 29 Jan 2019, 18:29 (Ref:3880482)   #3368
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
also no post from me would be complete without me saying the probelm isnt supply deals but really about relative budget sizes so here goes!
So... In the end, I agree that relative budget sizes is the problem and fiddling with everything else is screwing around and organizing the deck chairs.

Quote:
if by larger team you mean a manufacturer team then yes we have seen this happen most recently with RBR and their customer Renault engine deal....although i wouldn't say they cooperated with each other!
I will say that as Mercedes switched from just an engine supplier to full on team they were in the same boat as well. But it a temporary special case that is never likely to last. Nobody beats Mercedes when using Mercedes power now and I expect the same will hold true eventually for Renault (if they can keep their act together). Note... regardless of how it happened... RBR can no longer beat Renault using Renault power.

Quote:
obviously with me, the main differentiator is budget size so yes, i think a customer team with a sufficient budget can beat its suppler.
Of which that scenario is rapidly becoming a unicorn. Who will have funding to match a mature Mercedes, Ferrari, Renault? RBR? They have effectively absorbed Honda as even they know superior funding and the best people can't clear that hurdle in the long run.

Quote:
failing that though, why not make things easier for the 2nd tier?

allowing them to spend less money and stay financially healthy while they fill out positions 4-10 on the table seems like a good start particularity when there is no viable plan to control budgets.
All just a delaying tactic. I can't argue with the need for it, but it clearly is grasping at straws to just "survive". I don't think it's anything to celebrate. And moving more in that direction (increasing the dependency) is just a sad commentary of where we are today and the prospective future.

Richard