View Single Post
Old 29 Nov 2019, 13:44 (Ref:3943655)   #116
Rudernst
Veteran

Germany
Hamburg
Rudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy97 View Post
Absolutely!

I also think the performance difference between 1980s F2 cars and FF2000 or Vauxhall-Lotus may put people off. Perhaps another reason why HSCC should have collaborated with Monoposto (or left alone!) and then had a separate and unique series for 1980s and 90s F2 and F3000 cars for the well healed!
There wont be enough entrants for two seperate grids....
No way

The performance difference...
We have that in other HSCC series,
in the Guards I race a 1.1 litre sports racer against a Can Am car (and we go round him in the corners)
In Formula Junior an early Front engined car can be much slower that a Lotus 22
And the speed / power differences in the former Derek Bell, now Aurora are in theory tremendous. CF3 cars tend to punch above their weight in that, though

I think speed differentials can be managed if everybody behaves themselves on track, they dont put off entrants
we have some very successfull championships with huge speed differentials (Guards).
what puts entrants off, is not having enough fellow competitors to race against. If you run a lonely race with nobody to dice with on equal terms, that is boring

creating two grids wont work and its not the way forward

RuE