View Single Post
Old 12 Nov 2020, 23:57 (Ref:4016272)   #2556
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
No obviously COVID is the issue for any country but I was thinking perhaps the race could be held later in the year like Adelaide used to.
Put bluntly the politicians would be committing suicide to allow it IMHO, now to running it later in the year. I suspect not as the timing of it fits better domestically. Australia normally takes time for annual holidays earlier in the year and not a lot of people take time off work later on as the cooler weather is not good for swimming, beach activities, fishing and boating etc.

The timing later in the year would push it close to the Bathurst 1000 as well and considering the costs for attending both would be high I think the F1 race attendance would be affected. The 12 hour has been cancelled, the bike race also and they are both in approximately the same time priod of about one to two months so it seems inevitable to me. I would like to see the frantic lobbying going on but that is all hidden of course.

If we have another outbreak it is a done deal to cancel it, without an outbreak it would be a big political risk for the decision makers.