View Single Post
Old 13 Nov 2020, 13:43 (Ref:4016349)   #2559
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
Going to be a whole bunch of brinkmanship about the government of Victoria having signed a contract for the GP and not holding one, additionally the Government of Victoria will be responsible for its own non performance and be liable for damages.
I think that Liberty may make some money of the non performance.
Really?

Seems to me like they are willing to hold the race, it's just the Australian government imposing rules that make it unrealistic for F1 to go there and race.

I can't see Liberty impose any fines on any of the Grand Prix that did not happen in 2020 (Or the FIA or other organizing bodies for WEC, LMS, SRO events that did not take place)
Otherwise the Dutch GP organization would probably be bancrupt before the cars have even turned up. They did not want to hold the race in 2020 without attendance.