View Single Post
Old 23 Dec 2015, 09:07 (Ref:3599615)   #65
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
I may be in a minority, but its hardly money grabbing, in a 'lets rip everyone off and make a load of profit' There are easier ways of ripping people off in motorsport, it would appear.

MSA £340 . . . . not sure exactly what for, a sticker and a few letters, maybe a bit Over the necessary rate. Their involvement in the whole process seems minimal other than being a middle man.

Inspectors fees seem entirely reasonable . . . when you consider the time . . . I don't even have to fill in the forms and take photo's this time.

then the FiA fee, again, not extortionate, nor cheap. Louis need embroidered clothing so I can see where it all goes

At the end of the day I'm doing it (again) because it gives me the ability to pick and choose some nice events on the continent and at home. It maximises the usability of the car.

As a minor aside, as my Cortina is a keeper (although am tempted to sell it on occaision!) the market suggests a 'real' car in International Fia specification is a better investment than any one individuals idea of an old race car to their or any local 'club' specification (one trick pony springs to mind here) . . . therefore it hopefully, is at least worth the sum of its parts. thereby protecting my investment in it. I don't have the kind of pocket money to burn on mere follies like Goodwood specials!