View Single Post
Old 15 Jan 2020, 18:43 (Ref:3951816)   #1200
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
why not monetize your development program?
That's a good question. My guess is that in reality nobody would want to sacrifice (too much) the quality of their limited testing schedule by using drivers who are unfamiliar with the cars, so my fanciful 28 driver number above is not realistic at all.

I suspect there is some weird supply/demand at play as well. Short supply of testing slots in current F1 cars (due to regulations) and maybe a limited supply of drivers with the funding. With the the short supply of testing slots, that can drive the cost up to a point that it's worthwhile for teams to sell testing seats (teams such as Williams, because we need to keep this discussion about Williams or someone will complain! I digress)

If regulations were relaxed around testing, that would open the supply to available testing slots, but that could also drive the per slot costs down. Would it end up being a wash in the end from the teams perspective. I am not an economist!

Lastly, I can't remember, do you need a superlicense for testing?

Richard