View Single Post
Old 10 Dec 2003, 20:23 (Ref:808635)   #20
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by codename_47
Rumours persist that unfortunatley, that won't be a problem next year.....the Mighty Sky empire may have got it's hands on the DTM to shove in their Sky Sports package (even made a little news bar in Autosport a few months ago) but Motors still think they have it too....so who knows what will happen? :confused:

Sky deny that they have the rights, so I am inclined to believe that it was a mis-translation from German, by someone who assumed that as Motors is available on Sky, it must be Sky.

Anyway, it isn't a problem, because unlike this year, when DTM and BTCC calendars clashed 5 times, it only happens once next year - Zandvoort/Snetterton - and it will just mean the DTM not being shown live that weekend.

Quote:

Anyway, back on topic.....I'm still wondering HOW this will work....it's surely not possible for Ben Edwards to commentate for 8 hours a day with very little break...

Perhaps he could just do the BTCC races, and they could tie into the trackside feed for the Supports? :confused:
At Snetterton this year he did nine hours, with only one break. But I'd expect them to use two pairs of commentators.