View Single Post
Old 19 Mar 2018, 00:59 (Ref:3809006)   #2
Fiorentina 1
Veteran

United States
Calabasas Hills, California
Fiorentina 1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFiorentina 1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I loved GPI! It was the best magazine of the time, much better then Autosport! Full color, great detail, interviews, etc, etc. They were sold in the USA for $5. I discovered them in early 1984 (Emmo in the Spirit on the cover) and never missed an issue until the end in 86 I believe. I wish I would have discovered it earlier when they were race by race editions. In late 1990's I bought some copies at a boot sale in the UK (bought important GP's like Imola 82, every Long Beach & Las Vegas, etc. I bought like 12 copies. Later I found about 50 of them at a vintage thrift shop in Ventura and also bought some on E-Bay. The best issues were the 1 off specials; Daytona 24, Miami IMSA, Cart, Le Mans, etc. Now, I have virtually every copy; missing 3 from 1979, I do have the first edition though. They were cool, especially for historical stuff like the GP that never was Spanish 1980.

Once in a while you find copies for sale at the Burbank Auto Book shop in Burbank. I replaced all my 84 to 86 copies with pristine editions about 5-years ago for $1 each. Great Magazine, loved it and miss it!