View Single Post
Old 11 Mar 2019, 11:40 (Ref:3889623)   #2516
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Well they are still trying to break the market it seems. Seems though they can't get enough demand because they've come in the wrong time. Seems people aren't ready to get electric cars.

But I'm sure the intentions are well, even if some of their policies are unusual
You’ve lost me there. Come in at the wrong time? Tesla’s problem is not being able to make the cars quick enough to fulfil orders, not lack of demand!

And as mentioned a while back, some manufacturers are holding back sales of EVs until 2020 in order to be able to offset the zero emissions against petrol and diesel models that will attract serious penalties from then on.

And regarding closing showrooms, they’re not the only manufacturer putting the emphasis on direct internet sales. TBH most people buying a Tesla will have already driven one, as they will have tried someone else’s! The returns policy again, is not special. I think it’s becoming more and more common for manufacturers to offer such terms in a bid to attract sales......