View Single Post
Old 5 Oct 2016, 18:47 (Ref:3677593)   #36
jjvincent
Racer

jjvincent should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjjvincent should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Going to places like VIR, Sebring, Lime Rock, WG, Road America are pretty much not really close to the airport and a massive entertainment area.

At least from where I'm at, the only races that are cheap for me to go to are WG, LR and NJMP. That's because they are all 3 hours from me. Other than that, the rest are an airline flight and rental car difference. Places like Austin (which you can see the airport from), Daytona (you can walk from the airport to the track) and Barber (it's 20 minutes to the airport) ranks right up there for the cheaper places to go just because the race is not big enough due to the metro area for them to rip you off on motel rooms.

Road Atlanta is not bad as long as you can find someone to pick you up at the Chamblee Marta Station. It's much faster to get to the track just going from the airport to that station and skip all of the traffic in downtown Atlanta. Plus it's only like $3. If you have to wait, there's a really good Mexican Restaurant (Monterrey Mexican Restaurant) just down the street from the station. With the name it just gives you memories of Laguna.

Laguna is not bad either as long as you fly into Monterrey. Other than that, you are in for a long trip.

In reality, CoTA is not too expensive as compared to most other tracks. Good thing about Austin is the free entertainment and much better food than most other areas.