View Single Post
Old 8 Aug 2018, 16:34 (Ref:3842368)   #559
Bodysnatcher
La Grande Théière
Veteran

Marshall Islands
5 minutes from the kentagon
Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregUK View Post
Yes, there was some contact heading into Eau Rouge that caused the 666 Lambo to go off. But when it came to a stop, it was entirely off track.

The first link you posted is after the impact of the Bentley.
well, it's the replay of the initiating event, the Eau Rouge contact being played after the impact.

So, what Meyrick says in Autosport is'nt quite the whole truth - https://www.autosport.com/gt/news/13...24-hours-crash

He was in a group of 3 running close together and as he went up Raidillion he (exceeded track limits) made a passing move and went head on into the stationary Krebs.

I still think it's a direct consequence of the restart bunching cars up after SC after FCY.

Were you standing at the fence at the time?

edit - thanks for the insight Greg, I arrive late to the scene and my fellow marshals said something like "the Lambo spun and was hit head on by Bentley", TBH, the lads were in a bit of shock, having dealt with Lexus a just over an hour before, and English isn't their first language. I didn't press for more details, but helped with the clear-up, thankful that all were okay.

Last edited by Bodysnatcher; 8 Aug 2018 at 16:55. Reason: thanks