View Single Post
Old 25 Aug 2017, 18:39 (Ref:3761581)   #32
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
My truck odo shows 575000 kms. The rig is 9 years old, and apparently that's low mileage! Up until recently the engine's not needed to be touched except for servicing, but intermittent poor starting over last 12 months has just resulted in injector sleeve replacement, plus belt idlers as a precaution while in the vicinity. Last year the throttle pedal failed, and for longer than that the central locking has tried continually to lock me out. It succeeded once- in Brands paddock! Oh, and when I dropped the electric window in the driver's door yesterday the regulator fell apart..... Amazing how quickly you learn how to remove the interior trim.

The engine is (of course) OHC 24 valve common rail, high pressure injection and with fly by wire throttle. Adjustable valve timing and 'engine brake' as well. After the injector sleeve replacements, a check light came on going to Monza. Turned out to be turbo boost sensor show using a fault. Replaced. Also, performance was down since all the head work, and another session plugged into a PC yesterday bought up fault codes relating to the camshaft position sensor. Fitting new one on the morning with fingers crossed....

All modern tech, all very good for efficiency and ease of operation, all a pain in the butt when it goes wrong!