View Single Post
Old 15 Apr 2010, 09:45 (Ref:2673044)   #7
Pettersson
Racer

Sweden
Pettersson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy97 View Post
Was the UK's "National Saloon Car Cup" of the late 1990s to "Super Production" regs or Group N? I think the runners in this eventally became a (short lived) Class B in BTCC.
That was group N. Super production started from about 1998. I remember BMW developing a car fot the German DTC (group N with a little twist) for 1998. I got the impression that this German regulation became the starting point of super production, together with Belgium and the Netherlands. Super production was mostly used in central Europe at that time, and later spread to Russia etc. when Super 2000 was born. Denmark also ran a super production based championship for a long while, but with a national twist allowing aero packages similar to Super 2000 etc.

The British National Saloons was a nice series, remember when it was broadcasted on Screensport and Eurosport. But those cars were even more production based and show-room style than super production. BTW, if someone has info on how that class died, feel free to let us know. My impression is that allowing super production in BTCC 2000 pretty much did it, together with a decreased grid the previous year?

BTW #2, is the Sportmaxx series (or whatever it's called) like the British National Saloon cars back in the 90's?