View Single Post
Old 12 Feb 2009, 16:51 (Ref:2396238)   #9
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MG Rover Sport
If I could have predicted three forum members that would definitely contribute to this thread, then you guys would have been the three that I'd have chosen! I am glad it is a topic of interest.

Many thanks for the links posted so far. I think most of us have seen these before elsewhere (!), but they are still very relevant to this topic, so please keep them coming. I am hoping for some new material to be found.

Regarding 6R4s - that really is another topic in itself! - but that clip that VIVA GT mentions is also used on the Austin Rover commissioned 'From Genesis to Revelation' video/DVD. I gather this is still available, and the film showed one of the first three prototypes (A656 NJO to A658 NJO) being thrashed around the Gaydon test track by Pond himself.
David, am I really THAT predictable? (I suppose you knew I was going to ask that!)
Oh, and unfortunately, the first link (to the red prototype) doesn't appear to work, sorry...