View Single Post
Old 31 Jan 2020, 13:04 (Ref:3954755)   #8
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid View Post
so that they can tell everyone about the future plans with Stroll now and generate more publicity for the road car brand.
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
An article on racefans related to the story.

Part of this confuses me:

Red Bull confirmed it has “agreed to release Aston Martin from its Formula 1 exclusivity clause which in turn has allowed it to generate the necessary investment required to re-finance and pursue alternative opportunities within the sport”.

and

Aston Martin’s current title sponsorship deal with Red Bull, believed to be worth around $20 million, will end after this season.

If the sponsorship is ending after this season, why would AM need to be released from exclusivity?
I would guess Red Bull has the exclusive rights to negotiate until the end of the term, similar to many athletes not being able to talk directly until the end of the deal. This allows Aston and Stroll to negotiate and develop a new deal. I would guess there is a buyout hidden somewhere in there and an announcement about Stroll leading a consortium to take Aston private again would be forthcoming. (So no buyout but it appears he has brought money and gets 20% stake in Aston, his consortium brings 182 million pounds and the remaining 318 raised from existing investors. Oh and he's now the chairman after all the ink is dried.

And funny enough it would bring Aston cars to the track with Mercedes engines. Wait, that sounds familiar

Last edited by broadrun96; 31 Jan 2020 at 13:12.