View Single Post
Old 24 Jun 2019, 02:36 (Ref:3913822)   #14
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Track limit=the white line both inside and outside of every track.
Kerbing is on the outside of said track limit lines.
Over here on the Nordschleife there are five kerbs that "professional" drivers use. Originally it was said that its OK to have two wheels over these, so what's happening now, yep, proffiesnow going four off. Guy on tourist Fahrten decided if they can do it etc. He unbalanced the car so much the barrier repairs alone cost over six grand, plus the car was a total loss, not a cheap one either.
Basically, those kerbs are not there to abuse, they are there to stop lazy can't be bothered drivers from carving out pot holes in the soil beyond the kerb.
Shocked a guy two weeks back at Spa, BMW M2 competition, couldn't resist the magnetism of Hamiltons favorite past time. "Mind if I try you car?" Of course not, but I'm coming with you. Amazed that no, you don't need to use kerbs.The car could flow as well as it did, couldn't understand how it was ten seconds faster than his best ever time.
Learn to drive on the tarmac? Yep, one very happy client😂😂