Thread: ETCR
View Single Post
Old 19 Jun 2021, 10:25 (Ref:4057122)   #57
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
I've not been following the build up to this, but did manage to catch the first race this morning, or should that be "battle 1" as I believe they are calling it. It wasn't terrible, but also wasn't what I would call entertaining. The whole idea of splitting the field into separate 'battle groups' to hide the lack of cars is hideously contrived

I watched the short video on their YouTube channel to explain the groups and grid and I'm more confused that I was before. Grid positions are determined by a random draw, except when a driver can pick his own grid position? Then there was something about a Willy Wonka golden ticket, two-eyed jacks are wild and roll a six to start. And people complain that the BTCC has too many gimmicks.