Thread: Kia Is Coming??
View Single Post
Old 30 Nov 2016, 01:28 (Ref:3692252)   #36
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
To be honest the Altima is an ungainly sack of crap, and the current Pulsar is an uninspiring drive - Nissan is in nowhereland with passenger cars at the moment - styling that is anonymous but at the same time ugly, bad engineering choices (CVT in a performance car?), and a lack of visibility to the car range from where I sit.

Whereas Kia's styling is getting very interesting since Peter Schreyer joined. I've also driven a couple of cars that were not base trolleys, and they are good cars outright, but exceptional value for money.

Hyundai has some very nice technology coming along and Kia has it too. the little turbo 1.6 with 265nm is outstanding for $30k. Hyundai is launching its "N" performance brand with what would seem to be a pretty brutal Golf GTI rival which will apparently have a 2L engine pumping 200kw, and you'd bet Kia will have a version of it. They do also have the Genesis twin turbo V6 elsewhere in the world.

There's no doubt Kia have the funds to do it, and the desire to market themselves and improve the public perception of their cars. In the negative side, they have spent an awful lot of money on Tennis.
Agree with every bit of that, not only are Kia producing some decent looking vehicles, their 7 year warranty and fixed price servicing is remarkable value. But reading through the original article, I would suggest the chances of Kia entering V8s is marginal at best, but I'd be happy to be proven wrong.