View Single Post
Old 16 Nov 2012, 22:26 (Ref:3167239)   #27
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
Honestly, I had a fairly good understanding of how it all worked, but trying to coerce a employer (at the time) to provide clear-cut information on it was difficult. There also seemed to be no defined strategy in place that would ensure maximum benefit to the dealership. In its execution, or lack thereof, it appeared to be nothing more than a foot-shooting exercise, that saw plummeting customer satisfaction, and surveys that were probably spat on.

However, there were representitives of the franchises involved, claiming that these particular concepts were very successful, providing the playbook was adhered to absolutely.
I am not sure many dealers have a longer term strategy here... the simple solution to everything is to put the price up.. impossible if you are in a fixed price servicing scenario... so you have to find ways to eke more from the customer.

The good ones make the customer feel like they needed to do the work, the poor ones makes the customer annoyed, and even more disenfranchised with motor dealers & mechanics...

All reflected in the net promoter scores from customer surveys...

I have seen some work around increasing things like environmental levies for waste disposal, oils or tyres or other things... plus charging more and more for service loan cars..

I dont see how any of these things actually enhance the customer experience...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House