View Single Post
Old 19 May 2019, 19:30 (Ref:3904712)   #79
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
btccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbtccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMROB View Post
Hmmmm. Another 'stale' days racing.

Touring cars struggling to overtake each other, has the over harsh contact rules ruined the exciting racing? Are the grippy tyres a problem? Have the cars been made too evenly matched? They dont even seem to be getting close enough to each other to mount an attack. Has the advanced aero caused that?

Team HARD non existent, other than Michael Crees who's a great personality to have on the grid. I think Jack Goff should leave now to avoid embarrassment. He's far better than that. Is it purely the car? I'm not so sure.

Rory is class.

BMW could walk it though....

Opinions?

Agree this was one of the most dull weekends of BTCC for a long while. I dont know what has changed but it was much a precession today.

Team Hard tbh are as you say non existent, I want to like them but theres nothing going for them. Bushell pulled a master stroke getting the race engineer role at AMD as hes probably getting much more respect and getting noticed more doing that than pulling into the puts with problems or crashing which is generally all Team Hard seem to do.
I would rater Jake in a better team, but where could he go? he wants to keep in the paddock for when something better comes up.

It cant all be the car, the car was a race winner and teams and independents championship winner with BMR in 2015, I heard Team Hard started messing about trying to shorten the car but i dont know if thats correct - im guessing that the R&D team at VAG knows better than Tony and his crew after all.

Its looking a BMW walkover, the ballast being reduced this year doesnt help with that, a BMW win in R1 will now mean in R2 they can get away from the grid quicker and by the looks of the last 2 rounds be pretty unchallenged until theres the reverse grid to deal with