View Single Post
Old 18 Jul 2019, 07:51 (Ref:3918298)   #49
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
btccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbtccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by auroan View Post
Shame they write utter rubbish on Autosport. I've never read such a bad summary of a problem..... "Power to the turbo" WTF. It's either ****ing exhaust gasses past the compressor/waste gate is open all the time or the pre/post intercooler ducting is crap and not providing enough air to compress.

Power to the turbo
The purpose of this test for Laser Tools was to get some running out of the car, realistically for them this was a shakedown to iron out any major flaws, get some feeling for the car and understand what works and what doesnt, (they were never coming in to top the timesheets with a high boost low weight lap at the end like some ), however for a car effectively running with a turbo problem all day, they were not far off where I would expect them to be for a first timed run in the car.

This is a long project and the Infiniti will see them improve over the next 2-3 seasons by developing a car rather than running the mercedes which has reached the end of its cycle, and a learning curve switching to RWD for Aiden. I would imagine that creating a duct to the turbo would be a reasonably simple task for an experienced race engineer to sort out anyway.

Last edited by btccbloke; 18 Jul 2019 at 08:02.