View Single Post
Old 18 Jul 2019, 09:54 (Ref:3918313)   #54
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by auroan View Post
Shame they write utter rubbish on Autosport. I've never read such a bad summary of a problem..... "Power to the turbo" WTF. It's either ****ing exhaust gasses past the compressor/waste gate is open all the time or the pre/post intercooler ducting is crap and not providing enough air to compress.
Is it that rubbish though?

As I'm sure you are aware:
A turbocharger needs power to spin the centrifugal compressor.
This power is derived from the kinetic energy of the exhaust gases.
The exhaust gases travel from the cylinder head to the compressor.

For a short statement in an article that provides a brief summary of the issue, then if their is some form of issue with getting the necessary gases to/from the compressor it makes sense.

But, if it gets you that worked up about the terms used, then I'm sure the publications would accept some freelance work submitted to give greater depth and clarity.