View Single Post
Old 13 Jun 2018, 17:27 (Ref:3829016)   #12
Drew C
Rookie

Drew C should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Historic and Classic Formula Ford

Hi Dick,

Hopefully we will get the Lotus up and running before the end of the year; my son is keen to race at the WHT and has half an eye on the 61 I think!

I would really like to race at some of your events so will be trying to get our act together.

We will have to get HSCC papers for the car as its been restored following repatriation from the US where it raced on some of the Ovals apparently.

Its a shame that the Lolas don't quite count as Classics as they are far better suited to that class with their Front radiators and not really much different in many ways to something like an RP24.

I have two and half Lola T644Es which we have been working on getting back to original specification. the first raced at the WHT last year; the first time it had been on track for 25 years as far as we can ascertain.

The second car should be ready soon as well and while that has raced a few times in the same period it probably counts the outings on one hand!

With the Classics joining the HSCC maybe there will be a re-balance at some point to bring cars into groups that keep them competitive and the incentive to restore and nurture them in the longer term.

I have the Lolas because I always wanted a car beginning with LO.. but couldn't afford it!

Now I have both versions with the 61 as well but several years too late in some respects!

Certainly look forward to any like minded FF drivers joining us at Anglesey; the days are a bit cheaper than a typical Test Day as well!

Drew C