View Single Post
Old 15 Jul 2019, 14:02 (Ref:3917838)   #7
Taxi645
Veteran

Netherlands
Taxi645 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTaxi645 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_r View Post
Everything hinges on Vettel. If Vettel does next season in Ferrari, then I can see no moves in the top 3 teams.

If Vettel quits, then Ferrari might have to get their cheque book out, and entice Ricciardo. But why should they not aim for Verstappen instead?
They can aim for Verstappen, but I reckon they won't get him.

1 Ferrari is probably not better than RB 2020.
2 He can't claim No1 status as Leclerc is too good.

If Verstappen is moving, it would be to Mercedes, but I'm quite sure he will give Red Bull/Honda 2020 to proof that they can really be there from the start of the season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_r View Post
Do we think that Alonso definitely will not come back to F1? It's hard to see a space for him at anything better than a midfield team, which I guess is the main reason to doubt that he will get a driver next year. How about at Renault instead of Hulk'? That might work?

If I were running Haas, I would definitely be looking for 1 or possibly even 2 new drivers next season. Ocon? Perez? Hulkenburg?

If Alonso would be up for it, Haas would take him I guess (if he doesn't demand an outrages salary that is).
Constructive discussion: A conversion where participants are maximally open to yet critical of each others (and their own) arguments, with the intend of enhancing the knowledge, understanding and/or handling of it's subject.