View Single Post
Old 12 Jun 2003, 06:27 (Ref:629137)   #35
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Re: Here is why--I think

Quote:
Originally posted by RacerGuy2

I'm not saying they shouldn't do that. But possibly having another class may give manufacturers a way to show off some of their production cars. It will also give some manufacturers a chance to be in the 24 Hours when they didn't have a chance before.

Sorry, that's just my opinion. I don't mean to enrage anyone.
No hard feelings?

P.S. IMO, the more cars, the better!

As a general statement, yes, the more manufacturers involved in racing the better - no problem. But, with respect, you're still missing the very essence of my point - Le Mans is (and always should be, IMO) a sportscar race. It isn't a manufacturer showcase nor do the ACO or anyone else connected with the race have any obligation at all to create a class for touring cars. The whole idea is completely otiose. (pardon my French....)

BTW, I'm not enraged at all, I'm happy for the debate. Keeping Le Mans for sportscars happens to touch on a nerve though......