View Single Post
Old 26 Mar 2024, 15:40 (Ref:4202889)   #160
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
It may be the reason although I think that unlikely. I think the reason is that the season has started so early with only 3 days of testing, followed a few days later by the first race of the year, a week's break before the next race and now two weeks later, the third race taking place on the other side of the world from your base.

Teams only have a limited space on the 747 freighters and so they would usually send things such as spares by sea, but with the time pressures this season, it is quite possible that there was just an insufficient period in which to create spares. This may also have affected Williams as well with their lack of a spare tub.
The challenge is made simpler by having a drop dead date.
In these new fangled production scheduling softwares, a signed off piece of kit should be able to be reasonably forecast for the various stage gates so the issue doesn’t happen.

I am interested that the team put in a 2023 wing into the spares cache.
The logical me would wonder how it might fit if the front nose bulkhead seems to change in size and shape more often than not from season to season.

Unless of course Sauber evolved last seasons chassis instead of swinging for the fences….
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods