Thread: WEC Ginetta LMP1
View Single Post
Old 16 Oct 2017, 23:07 (Ref:3774577)   #90
carbsmith
Veteran

carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
I think that none of the customer LMP1s will use fully stress mounted engines. It's not like Audi Sport, Porsche and Toyota who designed their cars and engines to be stress mounted and as a single cohesive unit.

Even though it was designed as a F1 engine, I don't think that anyone ever stress mounted a Judd V10, not Pescarolo, not Courage, not Dome, anyone as far as I know.

I think that all LMP1 privateers will use some adapter to semi-stress mount the engines in their cars.
What?

Rebellion's Toyota engines were always fully stressed, so was any Zytek or Mugen installation besides the Panoz. Champ Cars used to run four different engines as stressed members. It's not that hard.

The GV has always been 72deg. That's the normal bank angle for a V10 otherwise you get some crazy vibrations that are worthwhile for F1 but pretty stupid in endurance racing.