Thread: The Dr banned?
View Single Post
Old 16 May 2002, 21:33 (Ref:288382)   #30
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Most of the ground on this issue have been covered by other moderators, but let me say this.

We pulled several posts from the "Proposed letter to Bernie" thread the other night - not only posts by Dr. Austin, but also posts by other users, including moderators, because a discussion which was irrelevant to the subject was started on the thread (subject being to offer suggestions regarding the contents of the letter and adding signatures to it). I stated that the thread would be closed once the deadline of submitting signatures at 5 pm Eastern Daylight Time that day had passed, therefore a discussion regarding the ins and outs of Ferrari's actions on Sunday in that particular thread was pointless, as the closing of the thread would stop that discussion anyway. I therefore encouraged users to post in any of the plenty of other threads where the exact same points could be - and were - raised. That's all there is to that. I brought this up now because someone suggested that Dr. Austin was banned for hijacking threads. Well. He wasn't.

As stated by other moderators, the reasons why Dr. Austin was banned is to be found in our "Pulled Posts" forum, which is only viewable to staff members, and in the PMs which some of us have received. The posts which remain in our public forums do not contain any banning offenses. In the end, what it boils down to, is that you just have to take our word for it. As Tim put it, we will not wash our dirty laundry in public, especially as that would not be fair to the banned party who is not around to defend himself.